The stars were evidently aligned in my favour when I noticed that the book swap shelf at Kilburn station had an entire shelf full of dress patterns one day. Some kind sewist had cleared out their pattern stash and I was buzzing over all these beautiful patterns. In amongst them was the Butterick 6318 which I knew had to come home with me.
Skip to a couple of months later and I’m not exactly sure whether I found the flamingo fabric or the flamingo fabric found me, but what I do know is it was match made in heaven. I just knew this would be the perfect pairing.
- Fabric: cotton seersucker from Material Girl Laura (blue sold out but I’ve linked the pink version here)
- Length used: 3m. There was 1m left but this was a long strip 50cm in width as you need the full 3m in length.
- Size: 12, no alterations
What I changed
- Bagged out the ties as you can see both sides of the tie.
What I’d change if I made it again
- Double the length of the ties so they can tie in a bow at the back.
- Remove some of the volume in the skirt as it is a bit excessive.
- Taper the sleeves in slightly as the stick out at the hem.
- Raise the waist 1cm so the seam sits under the tie.